FlipTop™ FT2 Series, 700 Size, Electrical, Black
A simply elegant modular tabletop connectivity solution for conference tables and presentation lecterns. Features a stunning industrial design with luxuriously finished metal surfaces and one-touch, fully-retracting lid. Highly configurable using drop-in modules. All connections reside at the top surface for easy accessibility and intuitive usability. Backlit symbol icons illuminate to identify connection types in a darkened room.
Provides twelve module slots arranged in two rows of six. Accepts a choice of pass-through cables, one-touch cable retractors, gravity cable retractors, active connector plates, keystone connector plates, USB rapid chargers, and international AC power outlets.
Configure your FlipTop now!
Crestron® FT2 Series FlipTops™ revolutionize the media presentation experience by making it easier than ever to get connected at a conference table or presentation lectern. The FT2-700-ELEC models feature a stunning industrial design with one‑touch lid that retracts fully and disappears with the tap of a button. When opened, a wide assortment of modular cables, connectors, USB rapid charging ports, and power outlets is revealed to facilitate the connection of laptop computers, mobile devices, and other AV sources.
All connections reside at the top surface, clearly visible and readily accessible for intuitive usability. A selection of modular components enables custom configuration and quick installation. Backlit symbol icons clearly identify the connection type under any lighting condition. Precision fit and finish affords superb functionality and a clean, sophisticated appearance with machined metal surfaces luxuriously finished in a choice of black or alloy.
The FT2-700-ELEC series features a built‑in electrical power bus, which enables compatibility with one‑touch cable retractors, active connector plates, and USB rapid charging modules. It also enables backlighting of the symbol icons on all retractors, connector plates, and USB charging modules.[1,2]
Simple, Flexible Modular Design
The FT2-700-ELEC delivers a highly‑customizable connectivity solution with a vast selection of pull‑out cables, flush‑mount connectors, and AC power outlets arranged in orderly ranks for easy selection and access. It is configurable using up to twelve FT2A series modules, organized in two rows with six module slots per row. Every module is designed to exacting specifications to achieve a refined dashboard‑forward look and feel. The final installation provides one smooth, contiguous surface with no visible gaps or screws. Modules drop in easily from above the table, and can be replaced and rearranged freely at any time.
Module options include:
Quick and Simple Tabletop Installation
- Cable Pass‑Through Plates: Offers grab‑and‑go simplicity to get you connected quickly. Every cable sits at the ready with its connector neatly nested and clearly visible right at the top surface. Simply choose a cable, pull it out to any desired length, and connect your device. When nested, the cable loop simply drops below the table.
Cable pass‑through plates are ideally designed for use with Crestron FT2A‑CBL‑PT series pass‑through cables (sold separately). These cables feature a highly‑flexible, low‑friction flat cable construction with robust, sculpted connectors for easy handling and uniform alignment within the FlipTop™. Other cables can be accommodated by choosing one of three height adjustments on each pass‑through plate.
The FT2-700-ELEC ships with eight cable pass‑through plate modules included. Additional modules are available in quantities of ten by ordering model FT2A‑PLT‑PT‑10.
- One‑Touch Cable Retractors: Retractable cables offer a similar solution to pass‑through plates, but with a more refined feel as the cable is pulled out and then returned after use. They also provide an elegant solution for containing the cable loops beneath the table. Using one‑touch cable retractors, the cable retracts gracefully at the touch of a button. The button includes a backlit symbol icon that indicates the cable connector type.
When the FT2-700-ELEC is connected to a Crestron control system or DMPS, custom programming provides additional functionality:
The FT2-700-ELEC can accommodate up to six one‑touch cable retractors (FT2A‑CBLR‑1T series, sold separately), which afford smooth pull‑out and retraction using an electrically clutched, spring powered mechanism housed within a compact enclosure that attaches to the sides of the FlipTop chassis beneath the table. Each one‑touch retractor occupies two module slots within the FlipTop. Retractors normally install at the left and right ends of a module row, but can also be installed in the middle of a row by adding an FT2A‑CBLR‑BRKT‑700 mid‑row adapter bracket (one per row, each sold separately).
- Ease end‑user collaboration by enabling the retractor module button to switch the inputs to the selected cable and light the icon to indicate which cable is in use.
- Automatically trigger all retractors based on occupancy or at scheduled times.
- Gravity Cable Retractors: Gravity retractors offer a lower‑cost alternative to one‑touch retractors. They employ a precision gravity‑assisted track and pulley mechanism housed within a narrow, vertical enclosure that extends beneath the FlipTop chassis. In use, the cable pulls out to any length up to 2.83 feet (0.86 m), remains out as long as it is lying on the table, and then retracts by simply lifting the cable vertically above the FlipTop. Each gravity retractor includes a backlit symbol icon that indicates the cable connector type.
The FT2-700-ELEC can accommodate up to six gravity cable retractors (FT2A‑CBLR‑GR series, sold separately). Each gravity retractor occupies two module slots within the FlipTop. Retractors normally install at the left and right ends of a module row, but can also be installed in the middle of a row by adding an FT2A‑CBLR‑BRKT‑700 mid‑row adapter bracket (one per row, each sold separately).
- Connector Plates: Connector plate modules provide a selection of panel mounted connectors, which allow the connection of devices using separate, detached interface cables (cables not included). Each connector plate module (FT2A‑CP series, sold separately) occupies a single module slot within the FlipTop, and includes a backlit symbol icon that indicates the connector type.
- Keystone Plates: Keystone plate modules allow the installation of any flush‑mountable keystone compliant connector, such as the Crestron DigitalMedia™ Ultra Keystone RJ45 Jack (model DM‑CONN‑ULTRA‑RECP‑20, sold separately). Keystone jacks and connectors are available in a range of connection types from a variety of third‑party manufacturers. Keystone plate modules each occupy a single module slot and are available in quantities of ten by ordering model FT2A‑PLT‑KEY‑10.
- USB Rapid Chargers: Installing a USB rapid charging module (model FT2A‑CHGR‑USBA/C, sold separately) provides a convenient solution for quickly charging mobile devices at the table. It includes both USB Type‑C™ and Type‑A charging ports and a backlit symbol icon.
A single USB charging module may be installed in any position in either row within the FlipTop. A second USB charging module may be added, which requires the purchase and installation of a second power supply (model FT2A‑UTK‑PWS) beneath the table. A maximum of one USB charging module is permitted per row.
- AC Power Outlet Modules: AC power outlets are offered in a range of socket types for use in different countries. Outlet modules may be installed in any position within the FlipTop.
NEMA type outlets are available for the U.S., Canada, and Mexico, with one, two, or three outlets per module, which occupy two, three, or four module slots respectively. International outlets are available in a range of types, with one or two outlets per module, occupying two or four module slots respectively.
Some power outlet modules provide two additional outlets beneath the table, and include a single 8 foot (2.44 meter) long cable with grounded plug for connection to an AC power source. Other modules are offered with just a single IEC power inlet or attached cord.
- Blank Plates: Any unused module slot can be filled with a blank plate module. Four blank plate modules are included, and additional modules are available in quantities of ten by ordering model FT2A‑PLT‑BLANK‑10.
Thoughtful installation features and accessories save time and effort during installation with minimal time spent beneath the table. Mounting the FlipTop is as simple as cutting the hole, placing the unit in the hole, and turning four screws to engage the swiveling dogs that secure the FlipTop in place. Then install the drop‑in modules and add any under‑table accessories. To complete the installation, the top cover bezel snaps into place magnetically.
The FT2-700-ELEC offers a perfect upgrade to older Crestron FlipTops and similar third‑party products. It easily replaces a Crestron FT‑600
Series FlipTop or Extron® Cable Cubby® 700 device without any additional cutting required. A mounting surface up to 1‑3/4 inches (44 mm) thick is allowed.
A utility shelf accessory (FT2A‑UTK‑SHELF
, sold separately) is available to ease the installation of a Crestron DM® transmitter or other interface device beneath the table. The shelf attaches to any side of the FlipTop chassis below the table. Two shelves may be installed on opposing sides of the chassis.
Note: See also the FT2-700-MECH series "Mechanical" FlipTops for a lower cost alternative with reduced features and options.
- Simply elegant modular tabletop connectivity
- Stunning “dashboard-forward” industrial design
- Luxurious machined metal surfaces available in black or alloy
- One-touch lid retracts and disappears at the tap of a button
- All connections clearly visible, organized, and accessible at the surface
- Highly configurable using precision fitted drop-in modules
- Choice of pass-through cables, one-touch cable retractors, gravity cable retractors, active connector plates, keystone connector plates, USB rapid chargers, and international AC power outlets
- Provides twelve module slots arranged in two rows of six
- Ships with eight cable pass-through plate modules and four blank plate modules (additional modules available, cables sold separately)
- Cable connectors nest neatly at the ready in orderly ranks and pull out easily for use
- Crestron® FT2A-CBL-PT series pass-through cables (sold separately) offer easy handling and optimized fit
- Adjustable plates accommodate a variety of cables with varying connector shapes and sizes
- Accepts up to six one-touch cable retractors or gravity cable retractors for a refined feel 
- Optional connector plate modules provide panel mounted connectors as an alternative to pass-through or retractable cables
- Available keystone plate modules accommodate any flush-mount keystone type jack or connector 
- USB rapid charging modules offer a convenient solution for quickly charging mobile devices at the table 
- AC power outlet modules are available in a range of international socket types and sizes with optional under-table outlets
- Backlit symbol icons on all retractors, connector plates, and USB charging modules illuminate for clear identification in a darkened room 
- Optional utility shelves accommodate DM® transmitters and other devices below the table
- Thoughtful installation features save time and effort
- Swiveling dog mounting system accommodates surfaces up to 1-3/4 inch (44 mm) thick
- Fits a 5-3/4 x 7-1/8 inch (146 x 181 mm) rectangular cutout (template provided)
- Easily replaces Crestron® FT-600 Series FlipTop™ and Extron® Cable Cubby® 700 devices
||12 (2 rows of 6)
||Any unused module slot can be filled with one FT2A-PLT-BLANK series blank plate module (4 are included)
|Cable Pass-Through Plates
||Accommodates up to 12 FT2A-PLT-PT series cable pass-through plate modules (8 are included); each module accommodates one FT2A-CBL-PT series pass-through cable (sold separately) or other interface cable
||Accommodates up to 6 FT2A-CBLR-1T series one-touch cable retractors or FT2A-CBLR-GR series gravity cable retractors; each retractor occupies 2 module slots; mid-row positions require additional brackets3
||Accommodates up to 12 FT2A-CP series connector plate modules
||Accommodates up to 12 FT2A-PLT-KEY series keystone plate modules 4
|USB Rapid Chargers
||Accommodates up to 2 FT2A-CHGR-USBA/C USB rapid charging modules (maximum one per row) 2
|AC Power Outlet Modules
||Accepts a variety of FT2A-PWR series AC power outlet modules; refer to the spec sheet for each FT2A-PWR model for module slot requirements
|Accommodates up to 2 FT2A-UTK-SHELF under-table utility shelves attached to the left and/or right side, or to the front and/or rear side, beneath the table (a shelf cannot be installed on the same side as a cable retractor or power supply)
|Connectors (on chassis)
||(2) 2.1 x 5.5 mm DC power connectors;
24 Volt DC power inputs (one per each row of modules);
A single FT2A-UTK-PWS power supply and Y-adapter cable are included to power both inputs, a second power supply may be purchased to power each input separately if required2
||(1) 3-pin 3.5 mm detachable terminal block;
Cresnet® slave port (data only)
||(1) 6-32 screw;
Chassis ground lug
||(1) Mechanical pushbutton;
Disengages closed lid to actuate retraction
|Input: 1.5 Amps maximum @ 100-240 Volts AC, 50/60 Hz;
Output: 2.5 Amps @ 24 Volts DC;
||Dependent upon the AC power outlet module(s) installed; refer to the appropriate FT2A-PWR series spec sheet for more information
||32° to 112° F (0° to 45° C)
||10% to 90% RH (non-condensing)
||Metal, black finish
||Metal, black or alloy finish, mechanically retracting lid, magnetically-attached bezel
||Flush tabletop mount, fastened by four swiveling dogs, 1-3/4 in (44 mm) maximum surface thickness, 5-3/4 in (146 mm) deep x 7-1/8 in (181 mm) wide cutout (template provided)
||Attaches to the left, right, or front side of the FlipTop chassis beneath the table
||7.18 in. (183 mm) with lid closed;
7.50 in. (191 mm) with lid opened
||7.81 in. (199 mm)
||7.21 in. (184 mm)
|Dimensions shown do not include the power supply or other accessories; refer to each product’s spec sheet for additional dimensions and clearance
|5.5 lb (2.5 kg) without power supply or other accessories
|CE, FCC Part 15 Class B digital device, IC, UL Listed for US & Canada