Crestron® FT2 Series FlipTops™ revolutionize the media presentation experience by making it easier than ever to get connected at a conference table or presentation lectern. The FT2-700-MECH models feature a stunning industrial design with one-touch lid that retracts fully and disappears with the tap of a button. When opened, an assortment of modular cables, connectors, and power outlets is revealed to facilitate the connection of laptop computers, mobile devices, and other AV sources.
All connections reside at the top surface, clearly visible and readily accessible for intuitive usability. A selection of modular components enables custom configuration and quick installation. Precision fit and finish affords superb functionality and a clean, sophisticated appearance with machined metal surfaces luxuriously finished in a choice of black or alloy.
Simple, Flexible Modular Design
The FT2-700-MECH delivers a highly-customizable connectivity solution with a vast selection of pull-out cables, flush-mount connectors, and AC power outlets arranged in orderly ranks for easy selection and access. It is configurable using up to twelve FT2A series modules, organized in two rows with six module slots per row. Every module is designed to exacting specifications to achieve a refined dashboard-forward look and feel. The final installation provides one smooth, contiguous surface with no visible gaps or screws. Modules drop in easily from above the table, and can be replaced and rearranged freely at any time.
Module options include:
- Cable Pass-Through Plates: Offers grab-and-go simplicity to get you connected quickly. Every cable sits at the ready with its connector neatly nested and clearly visible right at the top surface. Simply choose a cable, pull it out to any desired length, and connect your device. When nested, the cable loop simply drops below the table.
Cable pass-through plates are ideally designed for use with Crestron FT2A-CBL-PT series pass-through cables (sold separately). These cables feature a highly-flexible, low-friction flat cable construction with robust, sculpted connectors for easy handling and uniform alignment within the FlipTop™. Other cables can be accommodated by choosing one of three height adjustments on each pass-through plate.
The FT2-700-MECH ships with eight cable pass-through plate modules included. Additional modules are available in quantities of ten by ordering model FT2A-PLT-PT-10.
- Gravity Cable Retractors: Retractable cables offer a similar solution to pass-through plates, but with a more refined feel as the cable is pulled out and then returned after use. They also provide an elegant solution for containing the cable loops beneath the table.
Gravity cable retractors afford smooth pull-out and retraction using a precision gravity-assisted track and pulley mechanism housed within a narrow, vertical enclosure that extends beneath the FlipTop chassis. In use, the cable pulls out to any length up to 2.83 feet (0.86 m), remains out as long as it is lying on the table, and then retracts by simply lifting the cable vertically above the FlipTop.
The FT2-700-MECH can accommodate up to six gravity cable retractors (FT2A-CBLR-GR series, sold separately). Each retractor occupies two module slots within the FlipTop. Retractors normally install at the left and right ends of a module row, but can also be installed in the middle of a row by adding an FT2A-CBLR-BRKT-700 mid-row adapter bracket (one per row, each sold separately).[1,2]
- Keystone Plates: Keystone plate modules allow the installation of any flush-mountable keystone compliant connector, such as the Crestron DigitalMedia™ Ultra Keystone RJ45 Jack (model DM-CONN-ULTRA-RECP-20, sold separately). Keystone jacks and connectors are available in a range of connection types from a variety of third-party manufacturers. Keystone plate modules each occupy a single module slot and are available in quantities of ten by ordering model FT2A-PLT-KEY-10.
- AC Power Outlet Modules: AC power outlets are offered in a range of socket types for use in different countries. Outlet modules may be installed in any position within the FlipTop.
NEMA type outlets are available for the U.S., Canada, and Mexico, with one, two, or three outlets per module, which occupy two, three, or four module slots respectively. International outlets are available in a range of types, with one or two outlets per module, occupying two or four module slots respectively.
Some power outlet modules provide two additional outlets beneath the table, and include a single 8 foot (2.44 meter) long cable with grounded plug for connection to an AC power source. Other modules are offered with just a single IEC power inlet or attached cord.
- Blank Plates: Any unused module slot can be filled with a blank plate module. Four blank plate modules are included, and additional modules are available in quantities of ten by ordering model FT2A-PLT-BLANK-10.
Note: To attain support for one-touch cable retractors, active connector plates, USB charging, and backlit symbol icons, please refer to the FT2-700-ELEC series “Electrical” FlipTops.
Quick and Simple Tabletop Installation
Thoughtful installation features and accessories save time and effort during installation with minimal time spent beneath the table. Mounting the FlipTop is as simple as cutting the hole, placing the unit in the hole, and turning four screws to engage the swiveling dogs that secure the FlipTop in place. Then install the drop-in modules and add any under-table accessories. To complete the installation, the top cover bezel snaps into place magnetically.
The FT2-700-MECH offers a perfect upgrade to older Crestron FlipTops and similar third-party products. It easily replaces a Crestron FT-600 Series FlipTop or Extron® Cable Cubby® 700 device without any additional cutting required. A mounting surface up to 1-3/4 inches (44 mm) thick is allowed.
A utility shelf accessory (FT2A-UTK-SHELF, sold separately) is available to ease the installation of a Crestron DM® transmitter or other interface device beneath the table. The shelf attaches to any side of the FlipTop chassis below the table. Two shelves may be installed on opposing sides of the chassis.