Crestron Mercury is a remarkable tabletop console device engineered to provide a superior conferencing and collaboration experience for enterprise and SMB applications. It is available in multiple forms, including models for “Open UC” audio or video conferencing applications, as well as models dedicated for use with the Microsoft Teams® IC platform as part of a complete Crestron Flex kit solution. In any huddle space, meeting room, or executive office, Crestron Mercury delivers a distinctively simple and consistent user experience in all the places people work and meet.
Built on the IoT cloud based XiO Cloud™ platform, Crestron Mercury empowers IT administrators and AV integrators to deploy, manage, monitor, and evolve thousands of networked UC devices — simply, quickly, and securely — all from a single dashboard. By standardizing on Crestron Mercury, any organization can realize a more productive and stress-free workplace through greater acceptance and utilization of UC technology that’s truly easy to use.
The Crestron Mercury Tabletop UC Video Conference System (CCS-UC-1-AV-PLUS) provides a complete video conference room solution for open-platform UC applications. In one stunning tabletop console device, Crestron Mercury comprises a high-performance, full-duplex conferencing speakerphone and touch screen controller with extensive connectivity options for BYOD devices and networked solutions. The complete system includes cables, power supply, and professional quality camera.
The Crestron Mercury system enables audio and video conferencing, collaboration, and content sharing using any UC platform. It works with any web conferencing application running on a laptop connected via USB; it pairs with any mobile device via Bluetooth®; and it supports wired or wireless AV presentation from any BYOD source via HDMI® and AirMedia®. It also works natively with any SIP VoIP phone system or Skype® for Business VoIP application. Integrated room scheduling capabilities, corporate directory access, and a customizable front-of-room UX provide knowledge workers with the tools they need to work smart and efficiently.
Crestron Mercury transforms any meeting room, huddle space, or executive office into a highly effective collaboration space, enabling people to work together and share content irrespective of location. Intuitive operation, exceptional full-duplex wideband audio, and full-motion HD video afford a gratifying and productive meeting experience for all participants. Crestron Mercury is secure, easy to deploy, and easy to manage, with extensive features and capabilities engineered to maximize the value of your investment through increased efficiency and productivity.
Voice Calling & Audio Conferencing
- The Crestron Mercury console is a full-featured VoIP conferencing speakerphone that’s fully compatible with major SIP-compliant phone systems. Its advanced design provides highly intelligible, full-duplex communication for every participant around a conference table. Dialing and answering calls is easy and intuitive using the large HD color touch screen. Corporate directory access (LDAP) enables one-touch dialing from the customer’s centrally managed directory.
- Crestron Mercury pairs with any mobile phone using Bluetooth to make calls or join a call in progress. It instantly transforms a personal phone call into a whole-room audio conference with clear, echo-free audio and the ability to start and stop a call, adjust volume, mute, and display caller ID on the touch screen. Bluetooth-enabled phones appear automatically on the touch screen, enabling instant connectivity with the press of a button.
- Connecting a laptop computer via USB enables enhanced audio performance for any softphone or audio conferencing application running on the laptop.
- Native Skype for Business VoIP support enables one-touch join capability to join a scheduled Skype meeting (audio only), or you can simply place a Skype call using the directory or dial pad.
For audio-only “Open UC” applications, refer to the Crestron Mercury audio conference system ( CCS-UC-1 W/PS). For a dedicated Microsoft Teams audio conferencing solution using Crestron Mercury, refer to the Crestron Flex M100-T system for Microsoft Teams ( UC-M100-T).
BYOD Multimedia Presentation
- Connecting a display device to the console’s HDMI output enables high-definition video presentation from all types of BYOD sources.
- Built-in AirMedia 2.0 technology allows for wireless presentation of content from a laptop, smartphone, or tablet device via the room’s Wi-Fi® wireless network. For more information about AirMedia, please visit https://www.crestron.com/airmedia.
- Any AV source can be plugged in via HDMI to present full-motion HD video content on the room display. Sources with DisplayPort or USB Type-C™ outputs can also be connected using the optional Multihead HD Video Cable (sold separately).
- Crestron Mercury behaves like any Bluetooth or USB Audio class device, enabling use as a speaker and/or microphone for all types of multimedia applications running on a computer or smartphone. Even if you’re not on a call, you can use Crestron Mercury to share audio content with everyone in the room, or make a professional audio recording of the meeting, with exceptional results.
Videoconferencing & Web Collaboration
- Videoconferencing is enabled by simply connecting a laptop running a web conferencing or UC application such as Microsoft Teams, Skype for Business, Cisco WebEx®, GotoMeeting®, Slack®, BlueJeans, or Zoom™. No more huddling around a laptop to interact and share content with remote participants.
- With the laptop and camera connected via USB, all participants are provided with enhanced bidirectional audio along with a high-definition view of the whole room through the included USB camera.
- Connecting the laptop’s HDMI output allows the whole room to view far-end content and camera images on the main room display. Laptops with DisplayPort or USB Type-C outputs can also be connected using the optional Multihead HD Video Cable (sold separately).
For a dedicated Microsoft Teams or Skype for Business video conferencing and collaboration solution using Crestron Mercury, refer to the Crestron Flex M150-T system ( UC-M150-T). For a complete Zoom Rooms video conferencing and collaboration solution, visit https://www.crestron.com/zoomrooms.
Superb Sound Quality
Crestron Mercury’s advanced design facilitates perfectly natural conversations with exceptional audio fidelity and pickup. Its integrated 360° quad microphone array faithfully captures voices at every seat at the table. Its high-powered, full-range speaker produces full, rich and real sounding audio for both voice and program material. Limes Audio TrueVoice® AEC technology achieves transparent full-duplex performance free of distracting echo or noise. Wideband audio codec support allows for full-spectrum, bidirectional voice communication.
Crestron Mercury’s unique sloped shape is not only attractive and unobtrusive — it’s also functional, allowing for placement at either the center or head of the table. Large or long tables are easily accommodated by adding up to two mic pods ( CCS-UCA-MIC KIT sold separately), which may be daisy-chained or individually home-run to the main console.
Tapping the mute bar on top of the console mutes the microphones. Its extra-bright, bi-color indicator bar ensures that the mic and mute status are clearly visible to the whole room. Each mic pod also includes a remote mute button and indicator for full room participation.
For ultimate versatility, the console can be powered using either PoE+ or the included 100-240V universal power pack. It can sit freely on any tabletop surface, or be permanently attached to the table using the optional 180° swivel mount kit ( CCS-UCA-SMK sold separately).
HD Color Touch Screen
Its extra-large, high-definition touch screen makes the Crestron Mercury system easy for everyone to use, whether starting or joining an online meeting, dialing or answering a phone call or video call, looking up contacts, presenting and sharing content, or managing the room schedule. The full-color user interface provides quick access and intuitive operation, and affords a consistent user experience from room to room. The touch screen is configurable to provide just the functions required, and can be personalized using custom background images.
Professional HD Camera
The Crestron Mercury AV-PLUS conferencing system includes a professional quality Huddly™ GO conferencing camera, which features exceptionally clear and sharp image quality, ultra wide-angle 150° diagonal field of view, and HD 720p video resolution. Precision optics and advanced video processing ensure a perfect view of the room for far-end participants.
Room Scheduling Integration
Crestron Mercury integrates directly with Microsoft® Exchange or Crestron Fusion® to allow seamless room scheduling and automation for any number of rooms. The built-in calendar application provides details about the current scheduled meeting, and allows meetings to be scheduled or extended right from the touch screen. Through the front-of-room display, meeting attendees are welcomed to the room with an on-screen confirmation of the scheduled meeting. As the meeting progresses, gentle notifications appear on screen to show the time left and what’s scheduled next for the room. The onscreen UX is customizable to display just the information required, and can be personalized using custom background images and corporate logos.
As part of a Crestron Fusion room scheduling solution, the Crestron® PinPoint™ App can be used to locate and reserve any available room in the facility. As you enter a room equipped with a Crestron Mercury system, the built-in PinPoint beacon  detects your presence and provides personalized feedback and connection options on your mobile device, letting you instantly start your presentation. Crestron Mercury also works with Crestron room scheduling touch screens installed outside each room, all integrated through Crestron Fusion or Microsoft Exchange.
Crestron Mercury detects room occupancy using a patent-pending combination of motion and voice activity. A built-in passive infrared detector initially senses when someone is present in front of the touch screen, and then voice activity is used to maintain the room’s occupied status as long as anyone in the room is talking.
Occupancy detection provides several benefits, such as monitoring and reporting room usage to Crestron Fusion, or automating the system to power down to save energy when all parties leave the room. System power can also be managed according to a daily schedule.
Network Management and Security
Crestron Mercury is an enterprise-grade appliance, ideally equipped for mass deployment throughout any-sized corporate, university, medical, military, or governmental facility. IoT cloud based provisioning enables complete network configuration in advance of hardware delivery, with touchless updates following installation. Devices can also be configured individually using a computer web browser, or in batches using the Crestron Deployment Tool for Powershell®.
Crestron Fusion or XiO Cloud management enables monitoring and logging of room and equipment usage, as well as centralized help desk support. Advanced security features include 802.1x authentication, Active Directory® credential management, LDAP directory management, Kerberos authentication, SRTP, SSH, TLS, and HTTPS. Dual LAN ports allow VoIP or AirMedia traffic to be isolated on a secondary network, and 802.3at PoE+ compatibility enables the Crestron Mercury console to be powered through its primary LAN connection.
XiO Cloud™ Connected
XiO Cloud is Crestron’s unifying IoT cloud based platform for remotely provisioning, monitoring, and managing Crestron devices across an enterprise or an entire client base. XiO Cloud enables installers and IT managers to deploy and manage thousands of devices in the amount of time it would ordinarily take to manage just one. It provides a zero-touch solution that allows complete configuration of device settings without any hardware in hand, then simply connect each device on site and let XiO Cloud push out the settings, licenses, drivers, and firmware updates – automatically and securely – for a quick and painless, ready-to-use deployment.
Ongoing XiO Cloud services facilitate daily management and monitoring of every device through a single dashboard with comprehensive reporting and logging, live status viewing and alerts, performance metrics and analytics, scheduled actions and updates, and more. As requirements grow and evolve, new features and functionality can be added easily to one or many devices at any time without ever going on site. XiO Cloud is a subscription-based service offering an adaptable SaaS (Software as a Service) solution with graduated levels of functionality and unlimited scalability. For more information about XiO Cloud, please visit https://www.crestron.com/xiocloud.