Crestron RL® 2 is an advanced group collaboration solution for conference rooms and huddle spaces that combines Crestron® hardware with Skype® for Business software. Skype for Business (formerly Microsoft® Lync®) offers an enterprise-ready unified communications platform capable of delivering presence, instant messaging, voice, and video across the network or Internet using computers and mobile devices. Crestron RL 2 extends the Skype for Business experience to the conference room so groups can communicate and collaborate in real time from multiple locations. Crestron RL 2 combines the intuitive room control solutions of Crestron with the unified communication and collaboration features of Skype for Business.
Easy to Use
With one touch of the touch screen, anyone can walk into a conference room and instantly start a collaboration session. Crestron RL 2 lets you share your desktop with local and remote participants, view and annotate over a PowerPoint® presentation, and use the room’s large screen touch display as an interactive whiteboard to sketch out ideas — all in real time. Remote participants can join from their personal computers, mobile devices, and other Crestron RL 2 systems. Crestron RL 2 lets everyone share their ideas and documents collaboratively — anytime, anywhere, with any device.
Easy to Integrate
The Crestron RL 2 Integrator Kit (CCS-UC-200 KIT) is a basic package consisting of the essential Crestron RL 2 system components. Included are the Crestron RL 2 system codec and 10.1” tabletop touch screen console. Mounting kits are also included to allow the codec to be installed under a table or in a 19” equipment rack. With these components, integrators can easily add Crestron RL 2 to an existing conference room system or design and build a complete collaborative meeting space from the ground up.
Crestron RL 2 supports system configurations with one or two touch displays at the front of the room, plus a camera, sound system, and one or more microphones. A variety of Crestron and Crestron-approved third-party accessories is offered to address a wide range of applications and room types.
With Crestron RL 2, system design is easy and no programming is required. Everything works right out of the box with minimal setup. The codec connects over the corporate LAN, so there are no additional infrastructure expenses such as MCUs or gateways. And, if the organization already uses Skype for Business, there are no additional licenses or fees required.
NOTE: See also the CCS-UC-200-HUD and CCS-UC-200-WMT for a selection of complete, turnkey Crestron RL 2 system packages.
Enhanced Connectivity, Integration, and Control
Crestron RL 2 included a number of features not found in other Skype for Business based systems, affording several powerful ways to use and customize your system:
- Single or Dual Display — Rooms of all types and sizes are supported, allowing the use or one or two high-definition HDMI® or DVI displays. USB HID touch overlay support enables annotation and other interactive presentation capabilities right on the main display(s) at the front of the room.
- Tabletop Touch Screen Console — The included 10” touch screen console provides an intuitive user interface for managing group collaboration sessions. It’s so simple to use, anyone can instantly start a session with just one touch. The touch screen console can also be custom programmed to control room lighting, shades, climate, and AV equipment (see Control System Integration below).
- USB 2.0 or 3.0 Camera — Crestron RL 2 supports a single high-definition USB camera to provide remote participants with a view of the room. A selection of Crestron and Crestron-approved third-party camera options is available.
- Microphone Options — Crestron RL 2 allows for the connection of a single USB microphone, or up to two analog microphones. Microphone input capability can be expanded using a simple mic mixer or an advanced Crestron Avia™ Digital Signal Processor. A full assortment of Crestron and Crestron-approved third-party microphone accessories is available.
- Auto-Switching "Content" Inputs — The HDMI, VGA, and DM 8G+® inputs allow versatile connectivity for computers and other content source devices. Automatic switching between sources simplifies operation.
- DigitalMedia™ System Integration — The DM 8G+ input facilitates input expansion and signal extension using any Crestron DM 8G+ transmitter or switcher. An assortment of under-table or in-wall transmitters and switchers is offered to provide input connectivity for content sources wherever it’s needed. DM 8G+ also allows for connection to a centralized DM® switcher, enabling access to shared media sources and cameras anywhere in the building.
- Content Audio Support — In addition to video, Crestron RL 2 accepts audio input signals via its HDMI, analog audio, and DM 8G+ inputs. Or, when integrated with an Avia Digital Signal Processor (DSP), all content audio signals can be routed through the DSP along with microphone signals.
- Audio Output — The stereo analog output allows Crestron RL 2 to be connected to the room’s sound system or a sound bar. Alternately, audio may be routed via USB to an Avia DSP.
- Control System Integration — Complete control over room lighting, shades, AV, and other equipment can be enabled right on the tabletop touch screen console through integration with a Crestron control system.
- Enterprise Monitoring — Crestron RL 2 has the ability to communicate directly with the Crestron Fusion® Fusion Enterprise Management Service, allowing it to be monitored from a centralized help desk alongside every other conference room across the enterprise. Room scheduling and other advanced capabilities can be enabled through integration with a control system.[4,5]
The following Crestron products are just some of the many options available for use with the Crestron RL 2 system:
The following third-party manufacturers offer accessories that have been tested and approved by Crestron for use with Crestron RL 2:
- ClearOne® – CHAT® 170 Group Speakerphone
- LG® – 43SE3B & KT-T430 43” IPS Display w/Touch Overlay
- Logitech® – ConferenceCam CC3000e, PTZ Pro Camera
- NEC® – V423-TM & V652-TM Touch Integrated 42” and 65” Large Screen Displays
- NEC – E705 & OL-E705 70” Display w/10 Point Infrared Touch Overlay
- Panasonic® – AW-HE2 HD Integrated Camera
- Polycom® – CX5100 & CX5500 Unified Conference Stations
- Samsung® – DM-D Series 55”, 65”, and 75” Displays w/Touch Overlay
- Samsung – ED-D Series 55” and 75” Displays w/Touch Overlay
- Samsung – DM-E Series 75” E-Board Display for Business
- Sharp® – AQUOS BOARD® 60”, 70”, and 80” Interactive Display Systems
- Sharp – PN-K322B 32” Touchscreen Monitor
- Sharp – PN-60TW3 & PN-70TW3 60” and 70” Touchscreen Monitors
- Sharp – PN-80TC3 80” Touchscreen Monitor
- Shure® – Microflex® MX390 Series Boundary Microphones
- Vaddio™ – ClearVIEW HD-USB Camera, RoboSHOT™ 12 HD PTZ Camera, AV Bridge
NOTE: Crestron authorized integrators, please see Crestron True Blue Online Help Answer ID: 5532 for additional information about these and other third-party accessories.