RS-232 to USB Keyboard/Mouse Cable, 6 ft (1.83 m)
Allows RS-232 serial commands from a control system to produce keystrokes and mouse actions on any computer.
The CBL-USB-RS232KM-6 connects between the RS-232 COM port of a Crestron® 3-Series Control System® and the USB host port of a computer. It allows single byte serial commands from the control system to produce keystrokes and mouse actions on the computer without requiring any special software or driver. Keystroke commands include each key of a typical U.S. 104-key “Windows®” keyboard. Mouse commands include 4-way cursor movement, left/middle/right click, and scroll up/down.
The CBL-USB-RS232KM-6 is composed of a 6 foot (1.83 m) long cable with integrated electronics. It features a male USB Type A connector on the computer end and a DB9F connector on the control system end. A DB9M to terminal block adapter is also included. The CBL-USB-RS232KM-6 is powered via the computer’s USB port.
- Sends USB keyboard and mouse commands to any computer via a control system COM port 
- No special driver or software required
- Supports U.S. 104-key “Windows®” keyboard keystrokes
- Supports 3-Button scroll wheel mouse actions
- Uses simple single byte RS-232 commands
- Includes discrete make and break commands for each keystroke and mouse click
- Allows any keystroke combination
- Allows polling of Num Lock, Caps Lock, and Scroll Lock status
- Works without disabling the computer’s physical keyboard and mouse
- Includes 6 ft (1.83 m) DB9F to USB interface cable
- Includes DB9M to terminal block adapter
- USB powered
||USB Type A, male
||Control System Interface
||RS-232 via DB9F or terminal block
||9600, 8, N, 1
||100 mA maximum @ 5 Volts DC
||32° to 158° F (0° to 70° C)