For a substitute, please see TST-602.
The Crestron® TST-600 Wireless Touch Screen delivers enhanced wireless control for the home, boardroom, or classroom in a stylish, ergonomic design. Featuring a high-contrast 5.7" capacitive touch screen, advanced Smart Graphics, Rava® SIP Intercom, high-performance H.264 streaming video, audio feedback, optional backlit pushbuttons, and dual-mode RF wireless performance, the TST-600 offers a mobile touch screen experience like no other.
Advanced Touch Screen Control
A Crestron touch screen offers an ideal user-interface for controlling all the technology in your home, boardroom, classroom, courtroom, or command center. Touch screens do away with piles of remote controls, cluttered wall switches, and cryptic computer screens, simplifying and enhancing the way you use technology. For controlling audio, video, lighting, shades, HVAC, security, and other systems, Crestron touch screens are fully-customizable with easy-to-use controls and icons, true feedback and real-time status display, live streaming video, and advanced navigation of digital media servers, tuners, and other devices.Smart Graphics
Crestron touch screens use Smart Graphics to deliver the ultimate user experience and the ultimate value by enabling the creation of dynamically rich user interfaces with incredible efficiency and unparalleled functionality. Using Smart Graphics, programmers can swiftly integrate fluid gesture-driven controls, animated feedback, metadata, embedded apps, and full-motion video for a deeply engaging and ultra-intuitive touch screen experience. Crestron Smart Graphics include the following enhancements:
- Cool-looking graphical buttons, sliders, knobs, and gauges are intuitive and fun to use.
- Kinetic effects enhance the feeling of realism with lists and toolbars that scroll with momentum at the flick of a fingertip.
- Drag-and-drop objects snap into place offering an easy way to switch sources.
- Dashboard widgets personalize the touch screen with clocks, weather, news, and other information.
- Customizable themes allow a completely different look and feel for every user, event, or season.
- Fully-developed SmartObjects® enable sophisticated control over complex devices with minimal programming.
In addition to its touch screen display, the TST-600 features illuminated tactile pushbuttons for quick access to volume adjustment, channel selection, and on-screen menu navigation functions. Eight additional pushbuttons, elegantly trimmed by illuminated button dividers, flank the edges of the touch screen to support additional programmable functions. High-quality backlit laser-engraving lends a crisp, legible appearance to button text in both darkened and fully lit rooms.
The pushbuttons come pre-engraved with labeling suited to a typical home theater or multimedia presentation application. If needed, customized engraving can be attained simply using Crestron Engraver software.
A no-button front bezel is also included with the TST-600, which may be installed in place of the button bezel for a very clean appearance with no front panel pushbuttons.Two additional "trigger" style buttons are positioned on top of the TST-600 for easy control of the display brightness, sleep mode, and other programmable functions.On-Screen Keyboard/Mouse
On-screen keyboard and mouse capabilities enable the TST-600 to provide full control of computers running TouchPoint® Virtual Mouse & Keyboard Software (VMK-WIN
High-performance streaming video capability makes it possible to view security cameras and other video sources right on the touch screen. Native support for H.264 and MJPEG formats allows the TST-600 to display live streaming video from an IP camera, a streaming server (Crestron CEN-NVS200
or similar), or a DigitalMedia
switcher. Streaming video is delivered to the touch screen over Wi-Fi® or a wired Ethernet connection.[3,5]Rava® SIP Intercom
Rava SIP Intercom Technology enables hands-free VoIP communication with other Rava-enabled touch screens and door stations. Rava works over Ethernet (Wi-Fi or wired
), supporting 2-way intercom, video intercom
, and paging. VoIP phone capability is also possible through integration with an SIP-compatible IP phone system or SIP server, allowing hands-free telephone functionality complete with speed-dialing, caller ID, custom ringers, and other enhancements. Built-in echo cancellation affords true-duplex performance for clear, seamless voice communication using the TST-600's integrated microphone and speakers.Audio Feedback
Customized audio files can be loaded to add another dimension to the touch screen graphics using personalized sounds, button feedback, and voice prompts.Dual-Mode Wireless
To deliver the ultimate in wireless touch screen functionality and performance, the TST-600 employs a combination of Crestron Extended Range 2.4 GHz RF (ER) and Wi-Fi wireless technologies.
IMPORTANT: EVERY INSTALLATION OF THE TST-600 REQUIRES A CRESTRON ER WIRELESS GATEWAY TO ENABLE ESSENTIAL WIRELESS CAPABILITY. THE TST-600 WILL NOT WORK WITH WI-FI (OR WIRED ETHERNET) ALONE.Instant-Waking®
- Extended Range RF (Required) — Primary functionality is supported via Crestron ER wireless communications, providing seamless control with true feedback using the TST-600’s tactile buttons and basic touch screen objects. Crestron ER wireless communication is enabled via the CEN-ERFGW-POE Extended Range RF Wireless Gateway, affording ultra-dependable wireless performance up to 200 feet (60 m) indoors. Roaming is supported between up to eight ER gateways for extended coverage.
- Wi-Fi (Optional) — While the TST-600 can be operated using only ER wireless, advanced wireless capabilities such as streaming video, intercom, and dynamic graphics can only be supported using both ER and Wi-Fi together (dual-mode). Crestron enhanced Wi-Fi wireless performance achieves a remarkable 50 feet (15 m) omnidirectional coverage indoors. The choice of 802.11 a, b, and g protocols affords reliable, high-speed wireless performance in virtually any RF environment. For optimal Wi-Fi performance, Crestron offers the CEN-WAP-1500 High Power Dual-Band Wireless Access Point .
To ensure the most transparent user experience possible, the TST-600 has been engineered to wake instantly at the press of a button or touch of the touch screen. Button presses are sent immediately, just like an IR remote but with none of IR's limitations. So spontaneous actions like muting the audio, pausing the video, or changing the channel can be executed on-the-fly with just a single button press. Extended Battery Life
Intelligent power management and robust Lithium Ion battery technology afford up to 3.2 hours of continuous operation and several days of typical use between charges.Table Dock Charger
The TST-600 includes a low-profile table dock for charging its internal battery. While docked, the touch screen remains fully operational so you’re always in control. The table dock can also provide a wired Ethernet connection for the touch screen in the absence of Wi-Fi. The table dock and touch screen look stylish together sitting on a countertop or side table, and can also fit discreetly in a cabinet or drawer. A single cable connects the table dock to a compact interface module, which provides wired connections for power and Ethernet. The interface module can be installed in a wall-mounted electrical box, or simply attached to any flat surface or a single rack rail. Power can be supplied using the included power pack or 24VDC Cresnet® power.[9,10]