The Crestron® TST-602 Wireless Touch Screen delivers enhanced wireless control for the home, boardroom, or classroom in a stylish, ergonomic design. Its curved shape feels natural in the hands, with easy-access thumb-operable buttons placed to either side of a perfectly-sized color touch screen display. Dual-mode wireless performance with roaming capability assures dependable connectivity throughout the home or workplace. Wired Ethernet connectivity is also available via the included table dock.
Featuring a high-contrast 5.7” capacitive touch screen with Smart Graphics™, the TST-602 allows completely customizable control over audio, video, lighting, shades, climate, security, and other technologies. Scrolling menus of media titles and channel presets make it quick and easy to find and select any TV channel, video title, or music track. Optional tactile pushbuttons provide easy, immediate access to commonly used functions such as volume, mute, power, and on-screen menu navigation. Additional advanced features include the abilities to control any function using voice commands, view security cameras and other video sources, communicate using built-in intercom and phone capabilities, and browse the Internet.[1,2]
Crestron touch screens use Smart Graphics to deliver the ultimate user experience and the ultimate value by enabling the creation of dynamically rich user interfaces with incredible efficiency and unparalleled functionality. Using Smart Graphics, programmers can swiftly integrate fluid gesture-driven controls, animated feedback, rich metadata, embedded apps and widgets, and full-motion video for a deeply engaging and ultra-intuitive touch screen experience.
Crestron Smart Graphics offers these enhancements and more:
- Cool-looking graphical buttons, sliders, knobs, and gauges that are intuitive and fun to use
- Kinetic effects to enhance the feeling of realism, with lists and toolbars that scroll with momentum at the flick of a fingertip
- Drag-and-drop objects that snap into place, offering an easy way to switch sources
- Dashboard widgets to personalize the touch screen with clocks, weather, news, and other information 
- A power-saving screensaver, allowing display of time, temperature, and other text content at a reduced brightness level
- Customizable themes allowing a completely different look and feel for every user, event, or season
- Fully-developed SmartObjects® that enable sophisticated control over complex devices with minimal programming
- A consistent look and feel across multiple touch screens of varying sizes
In addition to its touch screen display, the TST-602 features illuminated tactile pushbuttons for quick access to volume adjustment, channel selection, and on-screen menu navigation functions. Eight additional pushbuttons, elegantly trimmed by illuminated button dividers, flank the edges of the touch screen to support additional programmable functions.
High-quality backlit laser-engraving lends a crisp, legible appearance to button text in both darkened and fully lit rooms. The pushbuttons come pre-engraved with labeling suited to a typical home theater or multimedia presentation application. If needed, customized engraving can be attained simply using Crestron Engraver software. A no-button front bezel is also included, which may be installed in place of the button bezel for a very clean appearance with no front panel pushbuttons.
Two additional “trigger” style buttons are positioned on top of the TST-602 for easy control of the display brightness, sleep mode, and other programmable functions.
Some things are easier said than done, so why not just say what you want and let Crestron do it for you? With built-in voice recognition, the TST-602 provides the ability to use spoken commands to control virtually anything. Voice recognition can be used to quickly turn devices on or off, select and play a specific media title or playlist, change the channel, choose a lighting scene, lock the doors, arm the security system, or enter a password. Simply press the Voice Recognition button on the touch screen and say a command and Crestron does the rest.[1,2]
High-performance streaming video capability makes it possible to view security cameras and other video sources right on the touch screen. Native support for H.264 and MJPEG formats allows the TST-602 to display live streaming video from an IP camera, a streaming server (Crestron CEN-NVS200, DM-TXRX-100-STR, or similar ), or a DigitalMedia™ switcher.
Rava® SIP Intercom
Rava SIP Intercom Technology enables hands-free VoIP communication with other Rava-enabled touch screens and door stations, supporting 2-way intercom, video intercom , and paging. VoIP phone capability is also possible through integration with an SIP-compatible IP phone system or SIP server, allowing hands-free telephone functionality complete with speed-dialing, caller ID, custom ringers, and other enhancements. Built-in echo cancellation affords full-duplex performance for clear, seamless voice communication using the TST-602’s integrated microphone and speakers.
Using its built-in web browser, the TST-602 provides quick access to online program guides and other web-based services at the touch of a button, allowing enhanced touch screen control of DVRs and other appliances without having to pick up a separate tablet or smartphone. If a device can be controlled or managed through a web browser, it can be integrated into the Crestron system through the TST-602. Of course, the web browser may also be used to simply browse the Internet, watch online videos, and check up on social media.[1,2]
The TST-602’s capacitive touch screen affords enhanced capabilities for navigating web pages using multi-touch gestures.
On-Screen Keyboard & Mouse
On-screen multi-language keyboard and mouse capabilities provide for entry of passwords, URLs, and text search items, and enable the touch screen to be used as a wireless mouse touchpad to control a computer running TouchPoint® Virtual Mouse & Keyboard Software (VMK-WIN).
Customized audio files can be loaded on the TST-602 to add another dimension to the touch screen graphics using personalized sounds, button feedback, and voice prompts.
To deliver the ultimate in wireless touch screen performance and functionality, the TST-602 employs a combination of Crestron Extended Range 2.4 GHz RF (ER) and Wi-Fi® wireless technologies.
- Extended Range RF (Required) — Primary functionality is supported via Crestron ER (Extended Range) wireless communications, providing seamless control with true feedback using the TST-602’s tactile buttons and basic touch screen objects. A single ER gateway  enables ultra dependable wireless performance at a range of up to 200 feet (60 m) indoors. Roaming capability allows for even greater coverage using up to eight ER gateways.
- Wi-Fi (Optional) — While the TST-602 can be operated using only ER wireless, advanced wireless capabilities such as streaming video, intercom, voice recognition, web browsing, and dynamic graphics can only be supported using both ER and Wi-Fi together (dual-mode). Crestron enhanced Wi-Fi wireless performance achieves a remarkable 50 feet (15 m) omnidirectional coverage indoors. For Wi-Fi networks with multiple access points, the TST-602 supports the ability to hand off communication from one access point to another if the active connection is lost. The choice of 802.11 b, g, and n protocols affords reliable, high-speed wireless performance in virtually any RF environment. For optimal Wi-Fi performance, Crestron offers the CEN-WAP-1500 High Power Dual-Band Wireless Access Point.
IMPORTANT: EVERY INSTALLATION OF THE TST-602 REQUIRES A CRESTRON ER WIRELESS GATEWAY TO ENABLE ESSENTIAL WIRELESS CAPABILITY. THE TST-602 WILL NOT WORK WITH WI-FI (OR WIRED ETHERNET) ALONE.
To ensure the most transparent user experience possible, the TST-602 has been engineered to wake instantly at the press of a button or touch of the touch screen. Button presses are sent immediately, just like an IR remote but with none of IR’s limitations. So spontaneous actions like muting the audio, pausing the video, or changing the channel can be executed on-the-fly with just a single button press.
Extended Battery Life
Intelligent power management and robust Lithium Ion battery technology afford up to 3.2 hours of continuous operation and several days of typical use between charges.
Table Dock Charger
The TST-602 includes a low-profile table dock for charging its internal battery. While docked, the touch screen remains fully operational so you’re always in control. The table dock can also provide a wired Ethernet connection for the touch screen in the absence of Wi-Fi. The table dock and touch screen look stylish together sitting on a countertop or side table, and can also fit discreetly in a cabinet or drawer. A single cable connects the table dock to a compact interface module, which provides wired connections for power and Ethernet. The interface module can be installed in a wall-mounted electrical box, or simply attached to any flat surface or a single rack rail. Power can be supplied using the included power pack or 24VDC Cresnet® power.[9,10]