Crestron RL Expands Group Collaboration Capabilities with Support for Skype® for Business
Mar 16, 2015
Advanced group collaboration and UC solution maintains familiar Skype experience for remote participants.
Crestron announced today that its Crestron RL 2 group collaboration solution, as well as legacy Crestron RL systems, will support Skype for Business upgrades. Skype for Business brings together the familiar experience of Skype with the security, compliance, and control of Lync. In combination with Skype for Business, the Crestron RL 2 and the Crestron RL can enable group collaboration between people anywhere, anytime.
“We are pleased to see Crestron deliver UC solutions for Skype for Business to extend the communications experience in the meeting room and connect people everywhere to achieve more, together,” said Giovanni Mezgec, GM, Skype for Business Product Marketing at Microsoft.
The recently announced Crestron RL 2 delivers the advanced unified communications and group collaboration solution for the conference room. It combines the power of Crestron DigitalMedia with Microsoft® Lync® software in a single device.
Crestron RL 2 uniquely delivers:
Available in three versatile packages
- A single solution for group collaboration and sharing with Lync meeting participants
- Crestron DigitalMedia input, for integration with Crestron’s full suite of remote video transmitters
- Auto-switching between VGA, HDMI®, and DM® video sources without a separate video switcher outside of a Lync session
- Analog microphone inputs for ease of custom installation
- The power to control everything in the room from one touch screen, including AV devices, lighting, and shades
- The ability to integrate with Crestron Fusion® software, which is used to monitor, manage, and control all connected rooms across the enterprise
Crestron RL 2 is offered in a choice of three different packages, each with multiple configuration options designed to meet the needs of different room types and sizes, and applications.
“We’re excited about the great flexibility these Crestron RL 2 packages provide to our dealers,” said Joseph Sarrasin, Technology Manager, Unified Communications at Crestron. “The built-in switching capability makes for an even more cost-effective UC solution, eliminating the need for a separate switcher.” Available for private demonstration
Crestron is offering private demonstrations of the Crestron RL 2 system at Enterprise Connect, March 16 – 18, at the Gaylord Palms®, Kissimmee, FL. Contact Joyce Bachtler, Crestron PR Manager, to schedule a session. Learn more
For more information on Crestron RL 2, the most powerful unified communications solution, visit the Crestron RL 2 product page
, where you can watch an informative video, and download a brochure or sell sheet.
To get all the latest news, information and product updates subscribe to our blog
, “Like” us on Facebook®
, follow us on Twitter®
, and connect with us on LinkedIn®