CaptureLiveHD® Meeting and Lecture Capture System
This product has been discontinued. Please contact Crestron True Blue Support at 1-888-CRESTRON for a replacement solution or more information.
For a substitute, see Panopto.
CaptureLiveHD® delivers a high-quality meeting and lecture capture solution that's simple to use and affordable to implement. Each CaptureLiveHD system package provides a complete, end-to-end solution for scheduling, recording, and online delivery of captured content.
The CaptureLiveHD® system from Crestron® is...
- A complete end-to-end meeting and lecture capture solution
- Easy and efficient for scheduling, recording, and online delivery of captured content
- Simple enough for the entire faculty to use
- Affordable enough for wide-scale deployment across any sized campus or corporate enterprise
- Flexible and scalable to fit any college, government, or corporate work-flow model
- Allows full-motion capture in high-definition 1080p
- Captures classroom lectures and AV presentations including live video of the instructor or presenter
- Records presentation content from computers, videos, annotators, and electronic whiteboards
- Provides content for online courses, on-demand lesson review, corporate marketing and training, and archiving
- Minimizes demand on staff members through automation
- Streamlines publishing to a variety of distribution channels
- Enables seamless online viewing using computers and mobile devices
A complete CaptureLiveHD solution includes a Crestron Capture HD® recorder in every room, all managed by Crestron Fusion® software. Crestron Fusion is a powerful platform for managing rooms and technology. CaptureLiveHD leverages the Media Services component of Crestron Fusion to deliver a total workflow engine for moving recorded content seamlessly through the entire process from capture to consumption with minimal human effort:
- Schedule — Schedule a session (a class or a meeting) in any room using the Crestron Fusion room scheduler or a third-party scheduling application such as Microsoft® Outlook®, IBM® Notes®, Google Calendar™, or CollegeNET® R25®. There’s no need to manage multiple schedules in separate applications — Crestron Fusion integrates it all into one process. Simply schedule the room for a single meeting or a whole semester of classes and Crestron Fusion automatically prepares the room and sends details about the session to the Capture HD recorder.
- Record — At the beginning of the session, start recording by pressing the RECORD button on the Capture HD device or touch screen in the room.
- Bookmark — During the session, use the touch screen to add bookmarks at key moments in the presentation. The Capture HD saves a “keyframe” screenshot and time stamp for each bookmark.
- Stop — At the end of the session, stop the recording. The capture file uploads automatically to a network server.
- Review & Approve — (Optional) Once uploaded, a staff member may review and approve the capture file and add information as needed.
- Convert — Crestron Fusion Media Services automatically converts the capture file into multiple resolutions and quality levels for optimal viewing on various devices and network speeds.
- Publish & View — The final video files are published automatically to a web server, ready to be viewed online at any time from any location through any popular web browser.
When files are published for viewing, an RSS feed is generated for easy posting to your organization's website, LMS, or CMS. Students and other users simply click on a link in the RSS feed to watch the video.
Crestron Media Player
CaptureLiveHD videos are viewed online through the Crestron Media Player, a web-based streaming video player that runs seamlessly on virtually any computer, tablet, or smart phone. The Crestron Media Player delivers a consistent user experience across all platforms without having to install or launch any special software. It provides a rich media viewing experience, displaying high-definition video, metadata (such as title, presenter/instructor, class/meeting, time/date, and notes), and bookmarks allowing a user to jump directly to key locations in the video.
In addition to online streaming, files may also be published as downloadable MP4 files, allowing offline viewing through a third-party media player application.
Please refer to the Crestron CaptureLiveHD™ Design Guide, Doc. #4552 for complete system requirements and design guidelines.
There are no additional specifications available for this product.
to search product certificates.
Please select your region below to see the appropriate Advertised Pricing.