FlipTop™ FT2 Series Cable Management System, 700 Size, Mechanical, Black
A simple modular tabletop connectivity solution for conference tables and presentation lecterns. Highly configurable using drop-in modules.
Provides twelve module slots arranged in two rows of six. Accepts a choice of pass-through cables, gravity cable retractors, keystone connector plates, and international AC power outlets.
Configure your FlipTop now!
The Crestron® FT2‑700‑MECH and FT2‑700‑MECH‑PTL FlipTop™ cable management systems install into a table or other horizontal surface to provide modular connectivity. The FT2‑700‑MECH series feature a one-touch lid that retracts fully and disappears with the tap of a button. When the lid is retracted, 12 module slots are arranged in two rows of six. The flexible modular design may also be customized with an assortment of Crestron accessories. For more information about the accessories, please visit www.crestron.com/Crestron‑FlipTops. To configure your FlipTop, launch the FlipTop Configuration Tool.
All connections reside at the top surface, clearly visible and readily accessible. A selection of modular components enables custom configuration and quick installation. Precision fit and finish affords functionality and a clean appearance with machined metal surfaces finished in a choice of black or alloy.
The FT2‑700‑MECH‑PTL utilizes a pass-through lid which allows cables to be fully extended while the lid is closed.
Quick and Simple Tabletop Installation
Thoughtful installation features and accessories save time and effort. Mounting the FlipTop is as simple as cutting the hole, placing the unit, and turning four screws to engage the swiveling dogs that secure the FlipTop in place. Then install the drop in modules and add any under table accessories. To complete the installation, the top cover bezel snaps into place magnetically.
The FT2‑700‑MECH offers a perfect upgrade to older Crestron FlipTop systems and similar third-party products. Using the easy-to-install FT2A‑SPCR‑MNT‑10 mounting spacers (sold separately), the FT2‑700‑MECH easily replaces a Crestron FT‑600 series FlipTop or Extron® Cable Cubby® 700 Cable Access Enclosure without any additional cutting required. A mounting surface up to 1 3/4 in. (44 mm) thick is allowed.
See also the FT2‑700‑ELEC series FlipTop systems for alternative FT2 FlipTop series models with advanced features, including one-touch cable retractors, active connector plates, USB charging, and backlit symbol icons.
The FT2‑700‑MECH delivers a customizable connectivity solution with easy-to-install accessories such as pull out cables, flush mount connectors, and AC power outlets. The final installation provides one smooth, contiguous surface with no visible gaps or screws, and the modules may be rearranged at any time.
Modules and Accessories
NOTE: All modules and accessories are sold separately and are not included in the FT2‑700‑MECH.
- Pass-Through Cables and Cable Pass -Through Plates: The pass-through cables and plates work together to offer a simple cable management solution. Each pass-through cable installs in the FlipTop assembly using a cable pass-through plate module, which allows the cable to be pulled out smoothly for use and then dropped back into the FlipTop. For details, refer to the FT2A‑CBL‑PT and FT2A‑PLT‑PT‑10 product pages.
- Gravity Cable Retractors: Gravity cable retractors employ a precision gravity-assisted track and pulley mechanism housed within a narrow, vertical enclosure that extends beneath the FlipTop chassis. They may be installed in the middle of a row by adding an FT2A‑CBLR‑BRKT‑700 mid-row adapter bracket (sold separately).1,2 For details, refer to the FT2A‑CBLR‑GR product page.
- Keystone Plates: Keystone plate modules allow the installation of any flush mountable keystone compliant connector. For details, refer to the FT2A‑PLT‑KEY‑10.3
- USB Rapid Charger: Provides a convenient solution for quickly charging mobile devices at the table. The FT2A‑CHGR‑USBA‑BASIC includes two USB‑A charging ports. For details, refer to FT2A‑CHGR‑USBA/C.1
- AC Power Outlet Modules: AC power outlets are offered in NEMA type modules available for the U.S., Canada, and Mexico, with one, two, or three outlets per module. International outlets are available with one or two outlets per module. For details refer to the following modules: FT2A‑PWR‑US‑1, FT2A‑PWR‑US‑1‑BASIC, FT2A‑PWR‑US‑2, FT2A‑PWR‑US‑2‑BX, FT2A‑PWR‑US‑3, FT2A‑PWR‑EU‑1-BASIC, FT2A‑PWR‑EU‑2, FT2A‑PWR‑AU‑1‑BASIC, FT2A-PWR‑AU‑2, FT2A‑PWR‑IS‑1‑BASIC, FT2A‑PWR‑IS‑2, FT2A‑PWR‑IT‑1‑BASIC, FT2A‑PWR‑IT‑2, FT2A‑PWR‑SW‑1‑BASIC, FT2A‑PWR‑SW‑2, FT2A‑PWR‑UK‑1‑BASIC, FT2A‑PWR‑UK‑2, FT2A‑PWR‑UN‑1‑BASIC, and FT2A‑PWR‑UN‑2.1
- Blank Plates: Fill unused module slots with a blank plate module. For details, refer to FT2A‑PLT‑BLANK‑10.
- Utility Shelf: A utility shelf accessory (FT2A‑UTK‑SHELF) is available to ease the installation of a Crestron DigitalMedia® transmitter or other interface device beneath the table. The shelf attaches to any side of the FlipTop chassis below the table. Two shelves may be installed on opposing sides of the chassis.
- FT2A‑SPCR‑MNT‑10: Without any additional cutting required, the mounting spacers allow new FT2‑700‑MECH assemblies to be mounted in existing mounting holes for the Crestron FT‑600 series FlipTop or Extron® Cable Cubby® 700 Cable Access Enclosure. For details, refer to FT2A‑SPCR‑MNT‑10.
- Dashboard-forward design keeps connections close to the surface
- Pass-through lid models (FT2‑700‑MECH‑PTL) allow cables to be fully extended while the lid is closed
- Available in black and alloy metal finishes
- One-touch lid retracts and disappears at the tap of a button
- Provides 12 module slots arranged in 2 rows (6 modules per row)
- Adjustable plates accommodate a variety of cables with varying connector shapes and sizes
- Fits a 5-3/4 in. (146 mm) deep x 7-1/8 in. (181 mm) rectangular cutout (template included)
- Optional accessories include pass-through cables, gravity cable retractors, flush-mount keystone connector plates, international AC power outlets, and a utility shelf 3
- Replaces Crestron FT‑600 Series FlipTop™ and Extron® Cable Cubby® 700 Cable Access Enclosure
||2 rows (6 modules per row)
|Connectors (on chassis)
||(1) 6-32 screw;
Chassis ground lug
||(1) Mechanical pushbutton;
Press to open the lid;
Pass-through lid offers cutouts which allow cables to be extended while the lid is closed.
||The operating power is dependent upon the AC power outlet module(s) installed; refer to the appropriate domestic and international FT2A‑PWR series for more information.
||32° to 112° F (0° to 45° C)
||10% to 95% RH (non‑condensing)
||Metal, black finish
||Metal, black or alloy finish, mechanically retracting lid, magnetically-attached bezel
||Flush tabletop mount, fastened by 4 swiveling dogs, 1-3/4 in. (44 mm) maximum surface thickness, 5-3/4 in. (146 mm) deep x 7-1/8 in. (181 mm) wide cutout (template provided)
|NOTE: Measurements do not include the power supply, accessories, or modules. Refer to each product’s spec sheet for additional dimensions and clearances.
||6.91 in. (176 mm) with lid closed
7.61 in. (194 mm) with lid opened
||7.81 in. (198 mm)
||7.21 in. (184 mm)
|5.5 lb (2.50 kg) without power supply or other accessories
|Regulatory Model: FT2‑700‑MECH‑AL, FT2‑700‑MECH‑B
CE, FCC Part 15 Class B digital device, IC, RU® Listed for US & Canada
to search product certificates.
Please select your region below to see the appropriate Advertised Pricing.