What is MyCrestron RMS:
MyCrestron RMS enables you to centrally monitor and manage 3-Series® , Crestron Home, and Crestron Pyng® systems with ease, identify issues, and resolve them faster. All your customers' Crestron systems are displayed on an online dashboard to provide a comprehensive status update at a single glance. From there you can quickly drill down to the system-level information as well as device-level event logs that Crestron Home and Crestron Pyng automatically sends to the cloud. True Blue Support and your technicians can access log files to eliminate the need for onsite visits to retrieve them.
What are the benefits of connecting your Crestron Pyng or 3-series Processor to the MyCrestron RMS:
There are a number of key benefits gained when connecting your processor to the my Crestron RMS including:
- Easily backup and restore Crestron Home and Crestron Pyng app configurations
- One location that holds the logs and online status of your connected devices.
- Easily see the status of your customers system before they make a phone call to you.
- Design and build Crestron Pyng OS1 lighting system configuration before going onsite which generates a code to deploy them to the jobsite.
- View all your jobsites on a map and see their status.
- Manage your employee’s user permissions. Allow them to manage and organize sites and devices or just monitor.
- Analytics that provide you with insight into how your systems are performing as well as how they are being used by customers.
How and where to find it:
Simply enter the following address into your web browser, Portal.my.crestron.com and make sure you are logged in. Easy as that!
How to connect your system:
It’s a simple 3 step process and takes no time at all:
1. Obtain the Device ID and Key Code for your device. For Crestron Home and Crestron Pyng, load the Crestron Pyng App and note the MAC Address from the Ethernet Settings, and the Registration Code from the MyCrestron Services under the Installer Settings. On other 3-series processors, log into the Setup Pages of the processor by going to the IPAddress/setup in a web browser or run the console command MyCrestronActivation.
2. Add the new monitored device by clicking the Devices Tab, then Add Device on the Actions menu (if disabled, ask your Account Administrator to add the permission to Manage and organize sites & devices under User)
3. Set up monitoring for the device, and op-in for emails and SMS texts under My Preferences in the Settings Menu to receive alerts and Crestron Pyng engraving orders.
Tips and Tricks:
Here are some handy quick tips and tricks when using the myCrestron RMS:
1. Use the blue gear in the top right to change preferences, configure alerts, view alert and change logs.
2. Under devices use “Generate Deploy Code” to send the configuration from one Crestron Pyng device to another.
3. Select a device and chose the tab “Actions” to download backup files and logs.
4. Select a device and chose the tab “Other” to release ownership of that device and remove it from your RMS.
And to make it even easier for you here are the key areas and exactly what can be dome within the RMS:
- Easily view all your groups and the status of the included devices.
- You can click on each group to view its devices.
- Groups can be organized by recent change, severity, and name.
Configurations (OS 1 only)
- Add and edit devices
- download backup files and logs
- Export System Lists to excel
- Edit Group Names and images
- Request backups
- Reboot the device
- Release Ownership of the device.
- View ancillary devices and see their status.
- Build and Design Crestron Pyng Lighting Systems for OS1
- Add you Rooms and Loads
- Specify Enclosures and Locations
- It automatically picks the correct modules and assigns the loads.
- Modify the enclosure layout
- Print reports to share with the electrician.
- Generate a deploy code and use it to load the system when you get onsite.
- View all your projects on a map and see their status
- Manage your employee’s user permission.
- Give them the ability to be full Administrators
- Allow them to manage and organize sites and devices
- Analytics that provide you with insight into how your systems are performing as well as how they are being used by customers